“Learning that I Matter”
Our specially designed infant daycare rooms provide a warm, secure, and comforting setting so that babies feel safe and happy. At our infant care center, personal cribs are provided as well as separate areas for changing, feeding, and playing. Our loving teachers know that these early months are critical to developing the connections needed for later learning. The crucial elements of our infant daycare include lots of hugging, cuddling, singing, talking, and showing babies that they are cared for and loved.
A Day in the Cuddlebug Room At Our Baby Daycare Center
- We take them outside on nice days. Shaded areas are provided. We realize children under six months should not use sunblock and are heat sensitive.
- We explain what we are doing throughout the day when the children are changed or fed.
- We let young babies lie on a big piece of paper and hear the crunching noise when they move.
- We play different kinds of music throughout the day.
- We give them soft toys (like a stuffed animal) to hold and feel.
- We give babies toys they can move and make noise with (like a rattle).
- We hang up big pictures of people and animals on the wall at their eye level to look at.
- We provide a clean space for babies to crawl.
- We put bright toys near babies so they can reach out or move toward them.
- We put a big cardboard box on the floor so the babies can crawl inside and play.
- We read aloud books that have colorful pictures.
- We encourage and model baby sign language throughout the day.
- A daily report is provided each day so we can share your child’s day with you.
- We have an open-door policy. We encourage parents to come in and spend time in our Cuddlebug room.
Infant Room Daily Schedule
7:00-8:00 Arrival of Children / Greeting of Parent/Morning Nap
8:00 – 9:00 Feeding / Diapering /Morning Nap/Sensory Activities/Small Motor Floor Toys
9:00 – 9:30 Music & Finger Plays
9:30 – 10:00 Morning Snack/Feeding
10:00 – 10:30 Floor Time/Art/Small Motor
10:30 – 11:00 Outside – Shaded Area
11:00 -1 2:00 Feeding & Diapering
12:00 – 12:30 Small Floor Toys/Story Time
12:30-2:30 Nap & Feeding
2:30-3:00 Diapering/Quiet Play
4:00-4:30 Diapering & Napping
4:30-6:00 Singing/Movement/Quiet Play